Re: Deep, not popular

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_9QfeS_HXxyXjjM8ZQg411opXMPgfQZyqWPDrOzGV7f4jveeqOw6OEJDzV_8ao>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:04:30 +0100 (BST)

Michael:

> > As I said elsewhere the CHDP to me seems to be
> awfully full of
> > holes re
> > Argrath career prior to becoming an independent
> leader. What did
> > he do to
> > be one of the rivals for the throne? It omits
> stuff where he was a
> > sub-leader, answering to Kallyr. Which he must
> have at some
> > point. So
> > his involvement in the Dragon rising is omitted,
> as the CHDP
> > doesn;t want
> > to admit he was ever subordinate to, and a
> follower of, Kallyr.

Paul:
> Exactly my point. Argrath may be involved, but it
> isn't his show.
> Kallyr is in charge and it's likely that Orlaront
> and Minaryth
> contributed more to the planning. CHDP doesn't want
> to admit to
> Kallyr's role but doesn't dare deny it outright or
> give Argrath credit.

Yes, I like this. Let me add a couple of ideas to the mix, while getting no nearer an answer.

What gets left out of CHDP is odd. We have a battle which was "a total disaster for Argrath" left in, for instance. Wasn't he present at some battle commanded by Broyan, too? So why the bias against being shown working for Kallyr? Well, if he'd once sworn loyalty to her: and then arranged for her murder? That's really bad. That's oath-breaking. If it wasn't for that, you could fill the description up with "and then Kallyr had no idea what to do, so her advisors, including Argrath, told her to..."

Then there's the Mystery of the Missing Foodman. KoS again: we have a list of Kallyr's Companions (date unknown). The posts match those of Umath's Camp, with the one exception that the Foodman was missing. It has been suggested that the Foodman was Argrath, and so a line got deleted by a later editor. But since we don't know when the Companions List applies, this merely adds to the mystery.

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html