Re: Is Argrath a theist or an animist?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_bRNDRevo8WaAQqOVrxcQW0phzpSPP5dFsfMJMaotwNiEKOCCN3LetBYouy6Mg>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:10:33 +0100 (BST)

> > Hmm - what about misplaced worhship - the sword
> brothers, for example are
> > misplaced worship of Humakt?
>
> That's my sneaking suspicion, but there are problems
> with it. I was hoping
> someone else had a better idea.

The obvious, easy answer, is that he isn't concentrated. He can use all three (four? five?) equally badly. But there's the problem - he's supposed to be good at this!

Argrath is the person who comes up with mixed magical units, isn't he? Look at what the Eaglebrowns are doing (details in MoLaD IIRC), mixing theism and animism. I think he's got something new.

Or, he's several people... but the question was IF he's only one.

> Who thinks Arkat was more than one person (excluding
> Gbaji)?

I'm sure he's another case of followers' deeds being attributed to him, at least. More than one person? Dread Pirate Roberts style? Could be!

(In the Swords universe we're playing with this a LOT, but we're also diverging a lot from standard Glorantha. I have a nasty suspicion we're going to find that Arkat was several PCs, despite us gaming in 1621.)

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/