Re: Is Argrath a theist or an animist?

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_KiUpn1-BBjvOYqlcazprY78vlnyzE_6nMdfbqtQACcxVPoR6Zlncbtpm7IEFdoUc>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 05:22:58 -0700 (PDT)

Paul King:

>How about "Argrath is an Arrolian Illuminate, working to
> save the Lunar Way from the Empire" ?

Better, but it drags me to nearly camp conclusions, like he must be secret agent. Is he also a duck?

> > Who thinks Arkat was more than one person (excluding Gbaji)?

> It's pretty clear that Argrath is credited with the deeds of
> more than one person within KoS.

"Arkat" not "Argrath" -- I switched tracks on you without fair warning.

Jane:
> The obvious, easy answer, is that he isn't
> concentrated. He can use all three (four? five?)
> equally badly. But there's the problem - he's
> supposed to be good at this!
>
> Argrath is the person who comes up with mixed magical
> units, isn't he? Look at what the Eaglebrowns are
> doing (details in MoLaD IIRC), mixing theism and
> animism. I think he's got something new.

Maybe he has some special heroquesty thing that lets him be at home with all magics as if he was a native to it? That seems like a long stretch just to get around the fact that Argrath White Bull is surrounded by animism.

Is there a common magic religion that makes the Gods' War your "home" otherworld? I can't think of one, but that could be a solution. Perhaps some Arkati religion? That also seems like radically new information, though. I don't recall anyone ever accusing Argrath of being an Arkati.

Chris