Re: Deep, not popular

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_4hBex7ZIKnvqAQgBOTWrdGKnA6JaEd1m0j1ibjmSfk9FgB3lYaWHBgclUuxYP>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:29:32 +0100 (BST)

> Michael Hitchens writes:
>
> .. So
> >his involvement in the Dragon rising is omitted, as
> the CHDP doesn;t want
> >to admit he was ever subordinate to, and a follower
> of, Kallyr.

Donald:

> Why the assumption that Argrath was Kallyr's
> subordinate?

Purely in terms of the Dragonrise, remember. She was running it. If he was involved on the Orlanthi side, he was her subordinate. At other times, it's another matter.

> He might
> have been her opponent. Not in the sense of fighting
> for the Lunars
> but opposing her way of doing things.

According to the generally accepted interpretation of KoS, he was, yes. Quite what the two different ways of doing things were that clashed so badly is an interesting question, though. It could easily have been as simple as "I want to be in charge!", or Colymar v Kheldon, or it could have been philosophy, ethics, anything. Or a mix.

> One of Kallyr's biggest
> problems is Orlanthi politics. Until she lights the
> Flame of
> Sartar she has to persuade tribal chiefs to follow
> her and then stop them changing their minds.

Yep! As do all the other candidates (yes, more than just those two, Argrath was "one of many" according to CHDP).
> While I'm sure the Lunars are
> doing their best to cause disagreements among the
> Sartarite leaders
> they won't need that much encouragement.

And of course the Sartarites are trying the same trick on the Lunars. Fazzur left to deal with politics back home, remember?

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html