Re: Is Argrath a theist or an animist?

From: Paul King <paul_at_ccwAIr2huwr4j-QkW-5iklN_-yN-9aIDLdkH3UNE6JnQb8rWI1K1j9lOL-f5NirFfIUdY0a>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:53:05 +0100

On 10 Apr 2007, at 13:22, Chris Lemens wrote:

> Paul King:
>
>> How about "Argrath is an Arrolian Illuminate, working to
>> save the Lunar Way from the Empire" ?
>
> Better, but it drags me to nearly camp conclusions, like he must
> be secret agent. Is he also a duck?

Or a Grotaron ? :-) He could be a native Sartarite, perhaps one who somehow made it to Arrolia or recruited by Arrolian agents.

> "Arkat" not "Argrath" -- I switched tracks on you without fair
> warning.

OK. So far as I know Arkat's story is less tangled and doesn't seem to require him to be in two places at once. However, "How the West was One" did feature several reincarnations of Arkat. And there's always speculation that the "Arkat" who walked away from the confrontation with Nysalor wasn't the same Arkat who went in. Then there's the argument seen on one of the mailing lists that Hero Quests require you to supply the item you want to be empowered, and by analogy the LightBringer's Quest requires a living body.

All of these feature more than one Arkat in some respect.