Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_3XeCJKtyl-DA2pUFCRIvMFc4XhPaF807gQ9-R6nqIr5UtdZ0w9M8IbisRU6NsP5HYgcrikT>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:51:35 -0700

YGWV Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_J9yBg-egkSOJ1bLQtYW-rRnCbyekW7E-44Bh5vlaVFVdZffyWWrJgOUXfKTfF7Ba_4RYyKqkPoV9CVUtQiSSkg.yahoo.invalid>:

> Let's call it "Core Glorantha".

The problem with this effort is that it is limiting. It doesn't take into account YGWV

> Should we add that "core Glorantha" should also be
> readily accessible in terms of being readable? The
> Unfinished Works, wonderful though they are, are hard
> going. And they are Unfinished in any case.

But a lot of the Unfinished work is essential and thus central to the whole body of work. That is difficult does not reduce its importance. KoS is difficult, often for the same reasons of obscurity or mythic meaning rather than materialist usefulness.

> I might add to that the
> various web bits that were by the same authors and
> only got cut from those works due to space limitations

But a lot of that work was cut because it was not correct, not just for space limitations. The author's were not always told which category their omissions were in.

> Pavis - the Moon Designs reprint. I'd like to add Ian
> Thompson's work to that, but sadly too much of it is
> out of print and not web-available.

And with all due respect to Ian, some parts were dead wrong, too.

I actually find GAG, with its warped angles, sloppy inclusivity and sometimes dead wrongness, FAR more acceptable and useful than trying to limit.

There already IS a core of material: what has been printed under my scrutiny. Plus whatever people wish to add or subtract from that.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford