Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_0e6uBH2-nPw3wQU-TU-YgRzOjDyDf8Qg-6mxv3nvtI4j0wRMZDvR301fKlSh6xutci-6>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 19:31:11 -0000

Jane - Your Glorantha Will Vary. Period. I've seen versions of Glorantha where Orlanth is not the King of the Storm Tribe, or where Vinga is completely unknown. I've seen versions of Glorantha where the main group of Humakti are Arkatings or where the Argrath is a conniving politician. These aren't necessary My Glorantha and probably won't be in material that I write with Greg. But so what?

> I thought "unfinished" meant "draft only, some parts
> may change when we realise they don't really work"?
> That's my main reason for leaving them out. In some
> areas they're the definitive authority, yes, but a
> definitive authority that's known to be unreliable or
> incomprehensible doesn't help.

None of the so-called "Unfinished Works" are incomprehensible. And as "in-Gloranthan" documents I consider them more reliable than the so-called "non-Gloranthan" documents like Rule Books. And I often consider people's own experiences playing through a Scenario more reliable than the Scenario Book itself. But YGWV.

Jeff