Re: Deep, not popular

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_PhRjxdQ14sElg-UWFazgQ36-Vvs6YuqT8umexhICsMim5ASxLB-GTSeukDsTPGizUme>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:31:33 -0000

Jane Williams:
> The discussions where we note that CHDP was written by
> the winners, complete with Argath-flattering careful
> wording, and contradicted by other eye-witness and
> less biased sources within KoS, are lengthy, and were
> over many years ago. Kallyr raised the dragon, Argrath
> wasn't there. Kallyr lit the Flame. Kallyr's reign
> ended when she got killed by Harrek at Argrath's
> instigation. All of this came out in the same book
> (KoS) at the same time. And don't tell me Simon, of
> all people, is too much of a newbie to have noticed!

Over many years ago? Clearly not .....

There were several periods where I had unsubscribed to the Glorantha Digest, appalled at the behaviour of certain people, so I may not have followed the discussion. Also, I am getting on a bit, now, and forget things more and more often.

In any caee, I have never followed the Many Argraths crowd, preferring to believe that one person could have done the things ascribed to him, perhaps with the help of Companions, but mainly himself. So, I don't have problems with the timings or possibly simultaneous actions of an Orlanthi Hero.

Kallyr did light the Flame and it flickered a bit. She was Queen until she was killed, after a year or so. Argrath lit the flame and it rose 20 feet and melted the brazier. He was king for 100 years or so. He also brought down the Red Moon, brought back Sheng Seleris and got all the Gods killed. To my mind, there's a bit of difference in scale between the two.

See Ya

Simon (Newbie at heart)