Re: KoS, etc, probably not revisited yet again.

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_O8B2GtViXXgH5LBguwCVvwnIoqg9-A6FqRWOh86zOR53gyez3E1vQraiQ5jsvIb5X7e>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 22:09:22 -0000

Jane Williams:
> --- donald_at_... wrote:
> > He might have switched off as I did. At the time I
> > hadn't
> > got a copy of KoS so couldn't follow the discussion.
> > By
> > the time it came to a conclusion, assuming it did, I
> > was just pressing the PgDn key.
>
> It did. About ten years ago.

About ten years ago? Hmm, I was either in Ireland getting ready to go to Russia, in Russia with little or no Internet Access or courting someone who had, and still has, absolutely no time/sympathy for my "Crazy Hobby". So, it probably passed by me at the time (unless it didn't and there are emails confirming my part in any discussion).

> As I'm quite sure Simon
> knows, but some newer readers possibly don't, so
> confusing them is hardly fair.

Now, now, that's quite an unfair statement in itself.

I was merely pointing out that the only real authoritative source we have on the Hero Wars (KoS) makes very little reference to Kallyr and lots to Argrath.

I was not setting out to confuse anyone and actually I resent the idea that I was. I try to clear things up to make Glorantha more playable rather than making it incomprehensible as some other people on this list seem to do.

In any case, if the discussions took place ten years ago, shouldn't they be revisited so new people can take part in them?

> Seriously, would any of them like a quick summary of
> the various sources inside KoS, how and why they
> disagree with each other, and the general conclusions
> reached as to what really happened?

Everyone will draw their own conclusions about what really happened.

If you think that Kallyr had a greater part in the Hero Wars then that's the conclusion you will draw.

If you think that there were many Argraths then that will be your conclusion.

If you think that Argrath was by and large one person, that will be your conclusion.

Just because a few people agree, doesn't make it right.

That's why I am waiting for the Argrath Saga to be finished. It may open up a lot of discussions, but at least it will be another definitive source.

See Ya

Simon