Re: Deep, not popular

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_SPAERMm86vcaKiJElcTReLzLwqkbqEWmMdFndSq4K5-zouUkHHIlhr0nhJ2BfLGryYC>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:13:12 +1000 (EST)

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, donald_at_GGGmKDHla1iM-C_2E78eITeWfYOfESgZzyX5P8g1_q_rZyzfcZC_LNskZXvqoJfohfE03lM9nXUnBSHSfZq9xnrI.yahoo.invalid wrote:

> In message <Pine.GSO.4.63.0704101025440.13227_at_agHzgLcPpvVKO9JYMfIKo_o2Wl2iA5p3cGiilp391r0vhzSDJ7dEmAnZhFVs4x4h4sbxKy0m-ytuCzPULqxo2mhD0ENilX_BQsv7YBjxYjL4it5lEfFdt0CkN6ZKxY8.yahoo.invalid> Michael Hitchens writes:
>
>> As I said elsewhere the CHDP to me seems to be awfully full of holes re
>> Argrath career prior to becoming an independent leader. What did he do to
>> be one of the rivals for the throne? It omits stuff where he was a
>> sub-leader, answering to Kallyr. Which he must have at some point. So
>> his involvement in the Dragon rising is omitted, as the CHDP doesn;t want
>> to admit he was ever subordinate to, and a follower of, Kallyr.
>
> Why the assumption that Argrath was Kallyr's subordinate? He might
> have been her opponent. Not in the sense of fighting for the Lunars
> but opposing her way of doing things. One of Kallyr's biggest
> problems is Orlanthi politics. Until she lights the Flame of
> Sartar she has to persuade tribal chiefs to follow her and then
> stop them changing their minds. While I'm sure the Lunars are
> doing their best to cause disagreements among the Sartarite leaders
> they won't need that much encouragement.

Sorry - wasn't quite clear enough.

Argrath Maniskisson *was* Kallyr's subordinate - it says so in gathering thunder. Check p.49 where he is in the list of Kallyr's agents - 2nd bottom paragraph left hand side.

Now Argrath Maniskisson may not be the only Argrath in your campaign, and he may not be the Argrath. The indication of the relationship between Kallyr and the others is not so clear. But for him at least it is.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_bipmJ6YbPPYNQXy5psdihP_j4DtNP3bVlK4rkaa7dBaUtJZH0CxU9uMnGrJNwgO9aMkD02i2NvnLCauKXVQ.yahoo.invalid