Re: Divergent Arkat - this may seriously damage your mental health

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_-YjEqSdXRYEYE0qw2A3I4fhnHwafD4Ga-_1k8vrdvTWr7xZHXZoF0-rv4JOkC>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:38:55 +0100 (BST)

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Jane Williams wrote:
>
> > You asked. Do you now regret it?
>
> No - far too intersting for regrets, so thnk you.
> Not what I'd do, but that doesn't matter. Differing
> approaches are always useful.
> Sounds like there should be a steep learning curve -
> are they going to
> make mistakes through inexperience that they will
> have to fix before being
> able to make the changes they want to make?

Oh, I'm sure of it. They (well, we - I was a player back then) have already done some HQing that went all experimental, and the unintended consequences are gradually escalating. That's a thought, I really should work out the effects of a rather large river appearing in Caravan Alley :)

At present about all they're doing is finding things out about Arkat and their sub-cult, and being very surprised at all the connections that keep cropping up. We're off to play with the "coincidence" of names between Kargan (sub-cult of Humakt), Kargan Tor (ancient god of war) and Kaarg (troll war god) next, and I'm sure something new will appear about Arkat King-troll as a result. I just want to throw in a few more things that have "always been like that" but clearly didn't used to be, and get them nicely paranoid about just how many people have been hacking their mythology, and how many of them were themselves in the future. They're already half-convinced that someone they met on a HQ recently was a future version of themselves, and for all I know, they're right.

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html