Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: David Dunham <david_at_fWqTscqFfgQSwhk7wJZl4eQkCoSLPKsFSFj4S6IexCimhH4Vgx-Bqr7IVw3e3h--EAXVnl>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 18:21:50 -0700

Jane

As I was skimming, I was half-seriously going to propose that the only reasonable standard would be King of Dragon Pass, because

1) it's the only Glorantha product accessible to non-fans
2) it's at a high level of abstraction
3) it's illustrated, so everyone can see e.g. what Vingans look like

Although of course really KoDP is really only a source for Dragon Pass.

>Anyone want to add other areas, quibble with the Core
>List....? But do you at least see what I'm driving at?
>A central, common ground for communication. Ducks
>having cigars is part of GaG, but a Glorantha where
>they didn't smoke wouldn't be a problem in discussion.

Then I got to this and, you know, I think GAG must mean what Jane agrees Glorantha is. For example, I don't recall ever running into a cigar-smoking duck in any Seattle Farmers Collective game. Nor are any illustrated in KoDP. (But see point 2 above -- the level of detail is so broad that it certainly doesn't exclude cigar-wielding ducks.)

Really, I don't know that this is a meaningful discussion. YGWV.

--

David Dunham