Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_YznnDamC3GWAvktXT5NLVRc9WzjF7bAIWawf4EKvHZn0viu8AiiNV4HRabf0Da3dEt5F>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:13:27 -0000

> Other examples of definitive information from scenarios is that Kalf
> Garstallson is the chief of the Orlmarth just after the Fimbulwinter
(not
> to mention the tale of what happened to the Orlmarth and Hiord a
> generation before that), the maps of third bridge Latifundia and Apple
> Lane in Gathering Thunder and so on. That stuff has to be regarded as
> "core" Glorantha. Change if you wsh (YGWV) but acknowledge that you are
> changing, you can;t just ignore.

Actually that is a very bad example. Originally that scenario was supposed to take place in Old Tarsh near the marsh. Steve, for reasons better left to his own, placed the scenario in the Colymarlands. I do not consider any of the material about Kalf Garstallson as "core Glorantha." I use the info about the Third Bridge Latifundia and Apple Lane, for what it is worth, but I've located the story in Old Tarsh where it was original set.

Jeff