Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_mhI0p5iuY21BI-1rr8roW_bcMT09OfHoIaFy5mmlnrwo_L0D3SmTfHXnPGqqa>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 07:23:16 +0100 (BST)

a beautiful example of what I've been trying to say! Thank you!

> For my part, speaking as someone not very involved
> in the Glorantha community,

Welcome to it! (Virtually runs over and gives him a big hug, then holds his hand up in the air). Look at this, guys. This is what we call a "customer". The person you're trying to persuade to either buy your products (if you're a pro) or pay you the compliment of using your products (if you're an amateur). So listen up, right? If what you/we produce is not to his liking, we have failed.

> this is where it gets confusing. I
> thought Storm tribe would fit
> into the category you describe, but now it seems
> that the description of
> Vinga in it is not accurate. In ST, she's referred
> to as, well, *she* and
> the Loyal Daughter. Now, if I understand right, she
> is more a he....

> If this is a case of Glorantha Varying, then I would
> like to know which is
> the 'core' material that the game-world of Glorantha
> is based in. If it's a
> change, I would appreciate an update to the Vinga
> cult write-up to address the inconsistencies.

> Of course, I can (and will) continue to use my
> version, but this implies
> that any later books will assume the new version is
> accurate, and thus be
> less useful to me than they might if this change
> hadn't happened.
>
> I would very much appreciate knowing what books
> represent the core of
> Glorantha, so i can mess with it and appreciate what
> changes others are
> making. That matters when I'm running my game. ...

Exactly!

Jakob, in this particular case, it was eventually admitted that the Glorantha in which Vinga is a "he" is not the one in the published books that you and the rest of us have been working from, but the "real" one, where "real" is defined as the nose-in-the-air academics-only thing that hasn't been dumbed down for popular consumption by the masses. As a member of the masses, I'm ignoring it.

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less, sign up for your free account today http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html