Re: FPP - misunderstandings, Wrong, wrong, wrong

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_fxJfQWUQQg-12Bv194EE7-Hy-EZx2NL5PYaPwY-WlybtMchgXA7PKZyWLs_1a2Zi-hSmIkz>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 05:15:33 -0700

Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_u7OPilLqWLDXdS8yvjmC8lCl-QELkjE07xpbdP2MCGp9QJrX-eP1XZWnRB4v-EeIfnEUpz01oh1p_oBKKcGTmENkyEd3.yahoo.invalid>:

> --- Greg Stafford <Greg_at_ctZ8UTLLNsQBf-w4gP_Cu2sba2lXRI_m_9Eoo03RyCbcQu72VuudtWY8rNEOoqgkTAS56LBA5BMvtg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_u7OPilLqWLDXdS8yvjmC8lCl-QELkjE07xpbdP2MCGp9QJrX-eP1XZWnRB4v-EeIfnEUpz01oh1p_oBKKcGTmENkyEd3.yahoo.invalid>:
>>
>> > Then there's the Fan Publication Policy, which
>> means
>> > that anything that came out after that date *had*
>> > be Greg-approved,
>>
>> Goodness no.
>> This isn't true, and never was. Dead wrong.
>> There's nothing in the policy about material having
>> to be appoved by me.
>
> Looking through the copy on my hard disc, I find this:
> not applicable to all, no, but certainly to some.
>
> "Whether or not some or all of the contents are
> Original Material as defined in Section 6, each
> single-edition Fan Publication must be submitted to
> ISSARIES for approval prior to publication. Although
> individual pieces may be submitted by their creators
> prior to acceptance, the publication must be submitted
> for approval in toto to ISSARIES."

You are misinterpreting this.
It says the sites need approval, not the matrial on the site. We have to check to see if contains content that is pronographic, libellous etc.

> That's "ISSARIES", not "Greg", of course, and only
> major fan publications not every last web page, so
> yes, I were wrong in details, but some of the
> principle seems to be there.

Still wrong.
There is not, nor ever was, any intent to police the fan sites, not for paproval of content nor of quality, etc.

> But, of more general interst and slight alarm perhaps:
> when I got my licence for my web-site, I was told to
> put a link on it to the FPP. I just tried to use that
> link to check details, and found that it doesn't work.
> http://www.glorantha.com/tribes/fan_policy.html
> is what I've got. Should I (and presumably others in
> the same situation, hence the public question), be
> using a new link?

The list meisters will, I am sue, address this.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford