Re: GAGging on the Core concept

From: Greg Stafford <Greg_at_6ExABoo7UywjjUfu9VIEWJq9NIkiSq-lM7p11vwe6AOzskeDF2sap0EwYsW6U1ADyG8v2jm>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 06:18:08 -0700

YGWV Quoting Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_r3TqYQIxL-10Y0C8Bh6yre9hHXuXJ0MkiawU9vfuliq-qE_wmtpDViYTrM3aLLjMxblow2PtgpeBV7Xr_zDO14LM.yahoo.invalid>:

> --- Mark Galeotti <markgaleotti_at_RMsnOkYU478eEOlAs4h4AxGqf06ELqgYRVZw60ZMWN08OlTUMBhjJALNHQ_zTtbn_rSH03YaV7_X_pVPRSAc-wg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

>> If you really want some core canon, then stick
>> solely to official
>> publications. There may be some inconsistencies, but
>> they will generally be relatively minor.
>
> What started this off was a statement that an
> inconsistency with Storm Tribe was about to be
> introduced that was anything but relatively minor, on
> the grounds that ST was a dumbed-down version for the
> unwashed masses.

What a rude comment!
Nobody said anything about being dumbed down. I said it was for popular--i.e. commercial--purposes. Why are you insulting the people who buy this game by saying they need a "dumbled down" version?

>> But there _is_ a GAG/GC, in the official
>> books, and for most
>> people who buy them and play the game, that's
>> enough.
>
> And if future writings would stick to that CG/GaG, I'm
> sure we'd be happy. That means, among other things,
> that Vinga is "she".

You seem to want the impossible.
Glorantha is published by a company that has rarely had mmore than two employees.

I have always encouraged people to write and get published what they can, even if it may later be superceded. Why? Because if we waited for everything to be perfect then NOTHING would ever get published.
Most people are content with the published materials, even with inconsistancies.

And I am pretty tired of all this fuss about rfevealign that many worshippers of a minor goddess might be lesbians.

Sincerely,
Greg Stafford

Issaries, Inc.
c/o Greg Stafford