Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_1_NrekLCw3ynw7BOa2QobSdrxVp-yMXjfDK3EESMyRwKEF1CSxaLaITX6zr8zO44OIeu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:31:15 -0000

OK, Ian Cooper wrote the original scenario. It is a fantastic scenario and I like it very much. When he initially wrote it, it was set in one of the Kerofini clans need the Marsh, which works perfectly and is canon as far as I am concerned.

Steve (a FORMER Issaries employee) decided for his own commercial reasons to publish the scenario as being set a good day's hard travel from the marsh and in a clan located on the other side of the Starfire Ridges. Several people pointed out to Steve that made no sense, but he published it that way anyways (claiming that fixing the error would take too long). FWIW, Steve also created the error about Kallyr's son, if I recall.

As far as I am concerned - and as far as any Gloranthan product I produce is concerned - the Gathering Thunder Marsh scenario is not set amongst the Orlmarthing, and I am faithful to Ian's original version (which used to be on the Glorantha website).

The stuff about the 3rd Bridge Latifundia, Apple Lane, and whatnot, is perfectly ok as far as I am concerned. Heck, I've fleshed out some of that material in the "Orlmarthingsaga" - a tremendous source of material on the Colymar, Volsaxi, and Sartarie history, which will be available in a nicely bound version at Tentacles published by Moon Design.

Does that help?

Jeff