Re: FPP - misunderstandings, Wrong, wrong, wrong

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_tjW0u6jhEB-aNGdyYrIUBAJu30L0zMvTi41vtVqXFsvSmFitJiI_kv3O5wEyB0MxRTKF>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:38:03 -0000

> Also, checking sites for supposedly illegal content IS an attempt to
> police them. Aside from that not being Issaries' job, you're being
> self-contradictory. Does this count as the fastest Gregging ever? ;-)

OK, as one of several lawyers that worked on the Fan Policy, let me explain. Issaries does not police your fansite for whether that fansite has your own version of Glorantha or for the content of your creative material. You want to have an essay on why Kallyr is a duck, go for it. You want to make your own maps of your favorite areas of Glorantha, go for it.

What we police sites for is significant copyright violations or for material that could badly damage Glorantha's trademark. You want to post the entire rules of RQ2 - word for word - we'll probably have a problem with that. You want to post pictures of the snuff film that you created involving a real human being that you depicted being sacrificed to Thanatar, we are going to have a problem with that.

Jeff