Re: From Listmeister - Please drop the GAG thread

From: Ian Cooper <ian_hammond_cooper_at_GZCfcw-yr_6Kyxr8mPEgI86MV1o6lSk9jmquByS4raLKmL1EfO8_ViujW>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 21:06:41 -0000

Roderick wrote:
> As Listmeister, I've gotten some complaints from list members about
some of the turns this thread has taken so I ask you, nicely, please to drop it.<

Could we do the traditional thing and FAQ it as a flamewar topic? IIRC best practice is for the mod to summarize both sides position in the FAQ under an appopriate heading (Backwards Compatibility vs. New Innovations?) and for anyone that wants changes to the FAQ to debate it off-list. Then whenever someone raises this again we can refer them to the FAQ and move along.

These seemed to have dropped out of fashion of late, but are highly useful to allow folks to move on from conflicts.