Re: GAGging on the Core concept

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_1IOcfu0Qi9JExg5ULc5EP21II0iMomopwQUnBAn_-xVDha9xkocTq-E0j-WDrZWxnem>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:05:38 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 11 Apr 2007, Mark Galeotti wrote:

> Comrades!
> [Mark's concerns cut for space]

I wasn't wanting to see "Core" as a rigid concept. No challenge to the ability of Greg and/or Issaries to change things as has been done in the past. No intention of forcing anything down anyone's throat. For me it's an attempt to establish a basis for discussion. When someone says something are they basing it on Offically published? Fanzine published? Home brew? I think you're right though, the only "core" that makes sense to me is what has been offocially published over the years, recognsing that sometimes that gets superseded by later publications and in no way stopping Greg or Issaries making further changes - to *anything*. "Core" is then more like "Core as of today" - it's a moving target.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_WxzDS62FBp_0Mk_AqCxTPEn0A-1ULifUKppDESDd7yL5IeJJkqitcjknuCt7_dcPowuBJSbsJK4c457XqbQoXEk.yahoo.invalid