Re: Generally Accepted Glorantha (GAG) , Core Glorantha

From: Joerg Baumgartner <joe_at_AGKXEKCyt9neGZTRa_hPFn949YoAGFDsezN0xpqcN-aPOKKWIGDTQD2N1fhKY-4y-cqb1Jwl>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:57:40 +0200 (CEST)

Friends,

as one of the resident scholars, I sympathize with Jane's question
(paraphrased) "if my Glorantha differs, how, and from what?"

What I have created for myself is a pool of documents and meta-documents which contain the data which interest me more or less, and which I use to help my memory sift through the published data. Trying to work on an index for all published info is part of that. (Getting that beast done proves to be more work than I can manage, especially now there are two companies putting out material, but what's there is helpful.)

GAG is both a verb and a noun, and to some extent the Webster definitions fit the concept. What's relevant is IMG, in my Glorantha. That will differ even within a single gaming group.

It would be nice to have a common denominator. "These are the truths in our Glorantha."

Like:

How distinct are the Otherworlds?

How many Arkats were there (and how many are going to reappear)?

Ducks...

Fertility and pregnancy for female warriors (Humakt, Vinga, Babs, ...)

Maybe a Glorantha a la carte, with checkboxes and radio buttons for options?

I think the main problem is "accessible Glorantha". I can only include those things into my Glorantha that I either can read up (and be it asked for on the boards) or think up.

For myself, I'd like to have a reference where I can configure my
(campaign's) truths. Fast links to inspirational sources (both Gloranthan
and otherwise) would be a bonus. A tool to add own ideas and to shape IMG.

A tool for other fictional worlds and real world projects too...