Re: Wenelians - a snippet from Trader Princes

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_jfFYCDH2S-kaonQl5lNhib-vus9QxXP-T06fZrKvJ_98Qieq1SiIOjXkwndqYMimpojx>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:41:54 -0000

> During the Imperial Era, the Archduchy of Slontos became the region's
> greatest power but horrors that ended the age left the surviving
> Wenelians shattered. Out of fear, the clans purged themselves of any
> possible God Learner taint and returned to their "pure" ancestry. Often,
> the Lightbringer teachings were purged and many of the unifying cults
> and practices that supported tribes and kingdoms became shunned. As a
> result, the clans turned inward and both leadership and justice became
> rare. From time to time, a chieftain stumbles upon or revives ancient
> tribal magic and becomes a warlord but such practices seldom survive
> their founder long.

Would this be "any possible God Learner taint" or any perceived "foreign cult"? I could imagine the Wenelians reacting against perceived "foreign cults" like the Heortling Orlanth and his Lightbringers on the ground that they are "foreign" (probably complete with rites and ceremonies spoken in Heortling), and not so much because they are "God Learner". But maybe I'm wrong.

Jeff