Re: Speaking of GAG and so forth...

From: Eric Durand <thalsion_at_wm970_f2YV7YSplWwFngkBlfCYPxDhejt8ags3ZG_IkkyspRS3ZOsPxyhlA70yZtJOO>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:39:28 +0200

Selon boudaille2000 <glorantha_at_pOqD_Jin08OpyXCWKXVv6vPdg8uw2OiwDLESw3P-6zeadyVwCGqGM1yI-oG-9vwNzTwDOnCNYAv_.yahoo.invalid>:

> Hi,
>
> i'm throwing my little thunderstone in this furious debate by quoting
> Amazon on three Mongoose future publicaions named "Blood of Orlanth".
>
> Seems that GAG, official, one-true Glorantha is taking a heavy blow
> on its head. Quite teasing anyway:

Why? In the third age, we will see a lost goddess mysteriously come back from old ages and quite well associated with chaos.

> "Blood of Orlanth:
> 3-devastation
> [war is coming to Dragon Pass - a secret war, a Shadow War - that will
> play out away from the eyes of mere mortals]
> [It is in that moment that the fate of each conflict is decided. That
> moment has come.]"
> 1-Revelation
> Book One - Revelation [Orlanth was almost slain by one of the vile Chaos
> Gods] [The God Learners have learned a shard of
> this hidden truth]
> 2-Insurrection
> [the God Learners' ambitions before the sorcerers enter
> the Hero Plane and steal a god's blood]

This goddess is strong enough to beat the Great Compromise, Great Gods, and... What?
She strikes Orlanth and there is blood again from Him. Hmmm, she is very well informed, isn't she? Maybe what these orlanthi know come from what it seems a fact of the third age, and maybe what every mortals have perceived only in the third age was in fact in a precedent age.

It is the problem with the God's Plane and god themselves: Do not be so sure an event is preceding or forwarding another. I think it is a nonsense for a god.

> 3-devastation
> [war is coming to Dragon Pass - a secret war, a Shadow War - that will
> play out away from the eyes of mere mortals]
> [It is in that moment that the fate of each conflict is decided. That
> moment has come.]"

Maybe this goddess is come back thanks to God's Learners who survived.

It's fully GAG from my point of view.
:p

But, well, I admit I'm afraid too that these Second Age books will not as well as we could expected.
It's life and YGMV. But it exists. And it could give ideas for the Third Age. Or bring new blood to the tribe.

        Thalsion, who was playing in a great kethaelian campaign
        to free Belintar (or something who looks like Belintar)
http://kethaela/free.fr/