Re: Vinga/Nandan/Sexualty/Gender

From: Jeff Richard <richaje_at_9_s6kGE8GYlK6_XXJ6EeWt4WYPKIL1YYrCaji70PWVV2b4JD7QRdqK8UX_Yw-CF2wcNU>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 01:25:02 -0000

Which is a fairly safe equation. Ernalda is a Great Goddess and defines both women and magic for the Orlanthi. Maran is a malevolent female power (the Active Earth is something of an oxymoron and not a generally positive thing) and Babeester Gor is a transgressive avenger.

> > Ernalda, in practical terms, often gets ignored (sadly)
> This has always annoyed me. In principle, it should be possible to
> build stories about healing, endurance, and diplomacy for an Ernalda
> campaign, but the reasonably complete, heroquest-ready mythology that
> you would need is not there. You might be able to turn a few Orlanth
> stories inside-out to make them Ernalda myths, like "The Making of the
> Storm Tribe" or "How Peace Was Made", but I'm told by those in the
> know that that's not something Orlanthi would do.

I disagree. I think there is a lot more Ernalda material out there than people give credit for. Minor goddesses like Vinga get the focus because they are more suited for typical adventurer fare. But there are a lot of Ernalda myths around.

Jeff