Re: Speaking of GAG and so forth...

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_w9kBYXkISSdcjF_EgKwJ5rC2ja_6lshHlvbKNZbginDt-IGmyKq4O5WoygpQo_rpfel>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:17:47 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 14 Apr 2007, Lawrence Whitaker wrote:

> The task of fleshing out the Blood of Orlanth campaign falls to me in the
> next few months. The original idea is Aaron Dembski Bowden's, but as he's
> moved on, I get to write the scenarios.
>
> I've got no problems with any of the ideas in these short synopses.
> Interestingly a piece I've written on Dangk and Hrelar Amali for Second Age
> shares some similarities.
>
> The God Learners are habitual plunderers of myth and arch manipulators for
> their own ends. That they quite often don't know what it is they're mything
> with (sic) is all part of the intrigue. Note the Goddess Switch.
>
> And to be honest, Glorantha, both 2nd and 3rd age, needs campaigns like
> this. The metaplot's of little real relevance (and is no more contentious
> than 'Orlanth is Dead'): its the interactions, roleplaying, and chance to
> either save myths or meddle with them that's the real attraction.
>
> I'm looking forward to working on these scenarios. My mind's already
> chugging through the possibilities.

Sounds good to me. I didn''t see anything wrong with the syopses anyway. So Orlanth got beaten up by a chaos god at some point? Well, he wouldn't be alone in that and they are supposed to be rather tough or they wouldn't be capable of destroying the world. Does it make him look bad? Not really - he survived, hundreds didn't. Maybe there was more to his decision to fix the world then sitting down and having a think - maybe he had that think after being beaten around the head a bit. I don't see the problem - a GM could even possibly adapt it to 3rd age - the Sartarites wouldn't want the lunars getting old of this now would they?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_vd8sJUyZiZ0CKMkUYj5xoEQopWCt7qSDwn_D3jhD7s0JU0-YssCldCJSmLAXKovCdGwNrEqgtV1iZUXgihJmXQ.yahoo.invalid