Re: GAGging on the Core concept

From: David Cake <dave_at_eDYS-6g08cjsc2RfzV1Mmr3S_6gaxQwFs96dr-YKdy3fHPz9MVdCZvOlxWHEFube8EDAzAQ>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 17:44:48 +0800

At 2:22 PM +0000 12/4/07, Rick Meints wrote:
>"It is, unfortunately, an inevitable consequence of the 'one
>true list' policy. We used to be able to just bounce difficult and off-
>putting discussion to the digest. Expecting people not to have
>difficult discussions (and trying to enforce it via topic or other
>rules) never works, and if it did would ultimately probably be
>damaging anyway."
>
>David,
>
>There is no "one true list" policy. People have always been able to
>take any discussions here elsewhere. While I have seen people mention
>or put forth the "one true list" concept, it is not something that
>actually exists by design or intent.

        I was referring not to any prohibition on doing anything, just to this lists existence and role. While this list tries to fill both the roles of 'the best place for new people to find out about Glorantha' and 'the best place for Gloranthan veterans to find answers to obscure questions about Glorantha', collisions are inevitable.

        It may be that this list is not intended to fill the role the digest used to - but it certainly seems to, and I think thats unlikely to change.

	Cheers
		David