Re: Vinga/Nandan/Sexualty/Gender

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_hvgSixcTkrCA_AcDQcdIWs6pHLpbKz75Izk3HULRZUSfEAr-RCH4kUxEMRAZ4Dr0wpQ>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 15:18:57 -0000

parental_unit_2:
> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Richard" <richaje@>
> wrote:
> > Which is a fairly safe equation. Ernalda is a Great Goddess and
> > defines both women and magic for the Orlanthi.
> > Maran is a malevolent
> > female power (the Active Earth is something of an oxymoron and
not a
> > generally positive thing) and Babeester Gor is a transgressive
avenger.

> But both are women and magic, so they are part of Ernalda, not
> somehing separate and opposed. Babeester Gor was born from Ernalda,
> who ultimately "took her dear daughter into her loving arms" (_Storm
> Tribe_ p. 202). As for Maran, "Many people consider her an aspect of
> the Great Goddess" (p. 221).

Babeester Gor, Maran Gor and even Gorgorma are unusual and minor Earth Goddesses. The major ones are Ernalda, Dendara, Asrelia, Esrola, Pelora and so on. In other ones, the nice fertiles ones. Any Gor goddesses have important roles to play but have minor cults.

> I'm not volunteering to write Ernalda-centric material, mind, being
> short an X chromosome. Maybe if I watched _Oprah_ while I planned
> scenarios...

Pah! You shouldn't have be a man to write myths about Gods or female to write myths about Goddesses.

See Ya

Simon