Re: Fay Jee in 1613

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_sTyadaUoRquHh1VXHYkIkmgMHSX84mbkJWIt8XnCw7MDfu0-OtWq7FgpipYrQAbFQWS4j>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 18:23:13 -0000

Barthol might be remembered from certain writings as "Farkiller"

> Caroman believes that the main threat to Fay Jee's prosperity comes
> from pirates, and maintains good relations with the navies both of
> Nolos and the Pharaoh. He's induced shipwrights from the Holy
Country
> to move to Fay Jee, and is building his own navy.

Poor doomed fool.

> To help protect the river traffic back to the Trader Prince castles
> along the Trade Path, he encouraged the formation of the Wenelian
> League, a confederation of local clans.
>
> Caroman married Yevett d'Agoya, who's related to Prince Sadaveli of
> House Acrotos. Unfortunately, he has of no male heir. His two
> daughters have both married into other Houses.
>
> Caroman's sister Anna married Yorge duDerysi, a member of a
powerful
> family who is also related to Barthol. Yorge is one of Caroman's
main
> agents, ranging up and down the New Coast on diplomatic and
> commercial missions.

Y'know, I am embarassed to admit that I really hadn't thought about Caroman's family all that much as he (and they) were safely dead by the time the campaign started. I think they might have perished during the coup but if you don't mind, I think I'll use this for future reference.

Thanks!

Jeff