Re: Vinga vs. Babeester Gor

From: Simon Phipp <soltakss_at_ONANKoh8mRhwUJMpaNXRIWNYVl7fSseRoA4x292pK1mvJyWK2vo1okpaqyVEgnM1tZL>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 20:26:44 -0000

Mike Dawson:
> Everyone in the tribe except her kaylings (if she has any--
doubtful) and maybe the
> priestesses of Ernalda and Asrelia are frightened of a Babeester
Gori. Pregnant women
> avoid her, she's asked politely by the priestesses to leave during
the spring fertility
> festivals and she's never invited to parties.

I don't think this is particularly true. The Earth Culture moe than anyone else recognises that Life and Death are connected. The Bloody Earth is as much a part of the Earth Celebrations as any other. Who guards the Priestesses in the Spring Fertility festivals? Babeester Gor. They stand and watch or make sure the Priestesses are safe, they may even shed some blood on the ground when required.

> But I think either could avenge the earth or a family--it's just
that the BG Maiden probably
> doesn't have a family of her own.

Babeester Gor has to avenge wrongs to the Earth, it's what she does. Wrongs to a clan may also be wrongs to the Earth, but not always. If someone steals your cattle, then Vinga can go after them. If someone rapes a woman then Vinga and Babeester Gor can go, with the same outcome, but with different degrees of bloodiness. If someone desecrates an earth shrine then Babeester Gor will be the avenger.

See Ya

Simon