Re: Fay Jee in 1613

From: Toread DuDerysi <jakyer_at_frGlnVh-8_oRMJ5CiLUNh6oHOsDDpuJYS7UOnIEqYN2K5akalbI45XiFefNIzjFI7DVuo>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 01:26:52 -0000

That's an interesting thought. I suspect that the Prince doesn't know about it. Something like that would be very much out of keeping with the supposed ethos of the Trader Princes. Or it may be a 'no shedding of Trader Prince noble blood' thing. But it is probaly something out of the book of Nicolo the Manipulator - though he usually advocates no survivors among the former rulers. However, Prince Yorge's eldest son Stefan might do it if he had some grudge. He's a slimy git. If Yorge found out, he might have (another) heart attack.

> >I think they might have perished
> >during the coup but if you don't mind, I think I'll use this for
> >future reference.
>
> Of course! I posted so people could make use of this, if it fits
> their Glorantha.

It certainly fits mine! Just wish I'd thought about it before now. I suppose I sas too busy with the 'what's coming' to dwell on 'what has gone before.

Ironically, this sort of ties in with the House's desperate search for some sort of saleable commodity. There is a story seed in which several ships arrive from Fonrit to establish a holding, having heard that Fay Jee is a good place to get slaves.

Jeff