Re: Solar Ernalda

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_id_xC88WmkLcWMH6ednSYbqhk1A40lbN2rVlO8Fougz60_cY7LtZNk0oDkAqCTWH>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 07:19:11 -0700 (PDT)

Peter, responding to Simon:

> > >Is she? I didn't know that.
> >
> >The wastelands obviously. In Prax she's going to be weak but in
> >Sun County and along the River of Cradles she'll be there.
>
> I think she's dead along the River of Cradles.

I think she's either dead, or she was never in the Greatlands to begin with. Earth goddesses are very geographic.

> Earth Deities can only be worshipped at the Paps.

As such, exactly right (i.e., counting Eiritha only as beast mother, not earth daughter, since you can't access the earth daughter magic outside of the Paps).

This seems like one of the distinctions between the Sun Domers in Prax and Sartar. The ones in Sartar have a nice fertile earth goddess to worship. You can try worshipping Esrola in Prax, but it won't do a whole lot for you. She's not in the dirt you are standing on. That's blasted, possibly desecrated dirt. Goddesses won't live in it. You would be better off worshipping the goddess of whatever plant it is you want to put in the dirt.

But you'd really be better off leaving before we raid you, burn your dirt-man tent to the ground, and sell your family at Pimper's Block.

Chris