Re: Vinga vs. Babeester Gor

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_O8x6muDckSJrzXB5sdRYfw_M57A4sfhl_W2K_efKNMYzpa-sZSpqD5t53QPm>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 18:54:17 -0000

In my game: The one Babeester Gor worshipper I dealt with reported directly to the chief priestess of a major Earth temple. She participated in and guarded the rituals. She never left the temple except on a specific religious mission, such as retrieving a stolen item of the temple regalia. She wasn't involved in mundane defense of a community or even revenge for wrongs against women, unless the priestesses and Babeester could be convinced they were assaults on Ernalda and her family. Of course, she was a devotee, so she could not revert to normal life, even when (like Brygga in my story) she accomplished an initial act of revenge.

In contrast, the Red Woman defends and avenges the defenseless, which is broader than defending and avenging the Earth. Permanent worshippers fight in the clan warband for whatever purpose the chief deploys it. Many Red Woman initiates are temporary and return to normal life if they accomplish their missions and survive.

Rob