Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_BzK6fQewxPVk9he23RINBdbFDypkxM7xJ0kphMv_E4pNEYlzgMKRDX9Jj18ooCs1coK>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 18:34:33 -0000

[Peter Metcalfe]
> Having a chaotic feature is pretty much an objective
> test of being a chaotic.

Very literal, but I rather like it!

I wonder if I'm thinking the same as Peter was. A person can live in chaos infested areas (under constant magical attack), use chaos magic and worship a chaotic entity... and until he/she actually manifests a chaotic feature they aren't chaotic themselves.

I bet a worshipper of Thanatar registers as chaotic to a Storm Bull cultist, but it's the Thanatari's magical connection, and not the guy himself the bully is sensing. If the Thanatari repents and abandons Thanatar (and survives), his soul isn't tainted with chaos.

Chaotic features are the concrete manifestations of the chaos wound in a person's or a creatures soul. Worshipping chaotic entities, and othervice messing with chaos will eventually make you manifest one, but it may take a long time if you are lucky.

That actually makes chaos cults and chaos magic more appealing to Gloranthans. This is a good thing I think. Worhippers of chaotic things and sorcerer's messing with the power of chaos make more sense this way.

Of course if you worship a chaotic "god", you propably aren't going anywhere nice when you die, whether you are chaotic yourself or not...