Re: Adept's questions on chaos - Walktapus bisquits.

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_WSzmvJsKnQ4Pg_KHp2FrC0Tc2WltfF-3nWlVlxbwb0Xn5BGwRUznoG7vr1SFFLl_2Lb>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 19:32:36 -0000

>> involved matching the person's metabolism an rate of digestion vs
>> the regeneration rate of the walktapi. That is, the amount
>> regenerated equalled the amount digested.

> Would never really work - a bit too pseudo-scientific for > glorantha...

Definitely.

Olso the logic doesn't work, at least not with the later published, and saner, understanding of how the walktapi work. If I remember this correctly, the "spark of life" is in just one of the Walktapus bits when you hack one up. It will regenerate itself, but not into a score of walktapi, but just one.

The walktapi multiply by "mating". A walktapus (or two) "in heat" meet each other. They tear each other in bits, and from such a mating all the bits regenerate into new walktapi.