Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_Vljr2KvfeAe71jNv4sktI3YuKXUQTe56sTWHOeB_ph7wvNPSWGKv7Ir0sEiNqqUS>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:35:54 -0700 (PDT)

Michael Hitchens, responding to David Scott, who responded to David Dunham:

> > > Donald mentions eating walktapus, but that's decadent Chaos-loving
> > > Lunars, and even they need to prepare it very very carefully. Seems
> > > not to make them any more Chaotic than they already are.
> >
> > Didn't Ken Rolston (or was it Sandy) come up with never eat, the
> > ultimate lunar army food supplement for troops. A correctly prepared
> > walktapus chunk that you you swallow and it regenerates at the same
> > rate it's digested, so you never feel hungry again. Did this ever
> > make it into print?
>
> I remember seeing it somewhere - but my memory names it "ever full". It
> involved matching the person's metabolism an rate of digestion vs the
> regeneration rate of the walktapi. That is, the amount regenerated
> equalled the amount digested. Would never really work - a bit too
> pseudo-scientific for glorantha, chaos is too unpredicatable and people's
> metoabolic rates change. Can't remember where I erad it though....

I think it was in Wyrms Footnotes. Or maybe the Companion thingie.

In Sandy's campaign, we called them chaos biscuits, because you cut them cross-wise to the tentacle, then sear them to keep them from growing while you're eating. So they look like American biscuits (sort of like scones for you poor brits who have never eaten real biscuits), except they are meat. So maybe we should have said chaos calimari.

Away back when, there was also regenerating troll slaw that took over the hold of the ship. It would have served the same function. (Yes, I know that proper Gloranthan trolls don't regenerate. When we run into something ridiculously weird, Sandy resorts to crock D&D concepts. For example, the clanking ruins is chock full of things like Wands of Wonder and gender-changing belts, as Jimima the formerly male barbarian discovered. You get what you deserve if you go there. Or if you eat troll slaw.)

Chris