Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: L.Castellucci <lightcastle_at_a0nkkK3ZHzIYg-TweCCXTgyOGitr_UIGUJ7b_BTOWc7Of9FPNOJg-Vqv0zSWV4t3>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 22:05:33 -0400

On April 18, 2007 09:38 pm, Peter Metcalfe wrote:
> I do believe I excluded Krarsht on the grounds that she didn't have
> a chaos rune in Cults of Terror. I was hitherto unaware that the
> same was true for Thed, Bagog and Vivamort.

Out of curiousity, I looked.

In Cults of Terror, every single write up has the chaos rune except for Krarsht.
In Lords of Terror, she explicitly has the chaos rune.

Now, while I have no particular reason to think she isn't chaotic (the lack of the rune in one source isn't very convincing to me), there's certainly enough ambiguity to make the argument. It becomes a bit tricksy to figure out exactly what she IS, then, though. (She does give feats, so isn't just a monster. Is she theistic? Is she an underworld goddess, related to the trolls? She tunnels, she eats everything, and is always hungry.)

Personally, I like her Chaotic, and see no reason to go against the standard view of most sources.

LC