Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_7Zzi1FFE4mLxbhg6tylnHy-7GJ2WfRL2zGoZetFwDpOSTQbOw4o7B_w1XRxRTP5p_pz>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 14:49:27 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, David Cake wrote:

> At 2:15 PM +0100 18/4/07, David Scott wrote:
>> On 18 Apr 2007, at 13:57, L.Castellucci wrote:
>>
>>> That's an interesting tidbit. I wonder what the Theists called it
>>> before?
>>
>> Predark. It's referred to that in Storm Tribe and Thunder Rebels and
>> in other older sources.
>>

> And the Solars didn't really distinguish chaos from other
> hideous monsters (ie trolls)
>
> The Predark is really interesting - it implies that the early
> Orlanthi thought chaos had always been present in the universe and
> always been a danger.

Err. I agree with the first, but not so sure about the second. I remember the (god learner I think) bit about how chaos was ok until it came into the world (CoT p.19). I wonder if the Orlanthi think the same? That is, it predates the universe and was ok outside it? Or was it always bad in their opinion?

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_FU3w6eRuLIOuWOWlwepiCp-1b9TQSieWoKCxUBdb0HguRwP5c15KBborkLHbgS7eXUEasR6g60krqHEPsg7EQA.yahoo.invalid