Re: Krarsht

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_mXdNwSFcx-MpT0UDE_w8FnOHFfAZo9PpxLpHF2tfQse2H5eGLdMvtHRdZFko8DREQVU>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 20:01:29 +1000 (EST)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007, Joerg Baumgartner wrote:

> This might be heretical, but what caused the Gods War was not Chaos. It
> was an over-abundance of creative power and myth. Whenever too much myth
> manifests in Glorantha, cataclysms occur.

I don't think it is heretical - Chaos didn't make Orlanth kill Yelm.

I think it's more like when myths clash too much. If Orlanth and the red Goddess wer happy with only having the air over their worshippers theywouldn't be fighting. Of course theyw ouldn;t be the gods we know and lvoe then, but anyway.... Perhaps is when people try too hard tro force their myths on others (and too much fo the world). There's a lot of that in the Broken council, the EWF, the God Learners and the Lunars.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_uxp_bhTdoKfc6Ri3j6bx8EA9jl8m0vk9m74HLevjUAoE4Ap8RWilya3h-ukqzEu_-mqv_mcEkpuzXupKpgrr.yahoo.invalid