Re: Andins?

From: nils_w <nils_at_Iz1ElrEDdAPZDeOW078IiddEvv-V8NysXJ7VYgIZcDfv8PwtV9Yia5hvOE1cf1TG640Du67>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:35:14 -0000

I think there are different types of andins, with different appearance, so that one form is scaly, with horns, another furry with four arms, a third stony etc. Generally they are bigger and stronger than humans, but slower. Most andins are not too bright, but there are exceptions, like the demon king Dech Oru.

> Any idea of what kind of Magic they specialize in? I presume they
> worship the Antigods, and practice demonic martial arts, but do they
> use Chaos, or use Dream/Nightmare magic?

I don't think they use chaos, as chaos is notmuch of an issue in Vithela. Andins in the area where dream magic is common will probably use it.

> I am most interested in their what they might be like in naval
> battle context.

Big, lumbering ships with heavy armour and many soldiers on board. I think they prefer to fight their battles on land though, as their ships are slower and the Vithelans avoid situations where the andins can board them.

> What defenses might they use against the Haragalan
> Sunscopes, asides from invoking the Blood Sun?

Weather magic to draw up clouds seems like a good choice, so the andins probably worship the vile antigod Serakaru (known elsewhere as Orlanth). Also, armouring and enchantments to protect their ships against the heat of the sunscope rays.

But, so far the andins and the Haragalans have largely avoided each other. The traditional enemy of the Arandinni andins is Hanfarador as you mention and Arandinni is where they are most numerous.