Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_8JmBJHbsBGKQTXJBPBkLvfe85CAvY_KTxGwUuqWr2oyNzvOUdrb-eGoz_6RJuDYsSoOYQvcu>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:36:48 -0000

David Scott asked

>>> Didn't Ken Rolston (or was it Sandy) come up with never eat, the
>>> ultimate lunar army food supplement for troops. A correctly
prepared
>>> walktapus chunk that you you swallow and it regenerates at the same
>>> rate it's digested, so you never feel hungry again. Did this ever
>>> make it into print?

Chris Lemens responded

> I think it was in Wyrms Footnotes.  Or maybe the Companion thingie.
>
> In Sandy's campaign, we called them chaos biscuits,

I have a vague recollection of seeing something about them in print, but I do recall hearing Sandy talk about them at an early Convulsions, and also about the fun that enuses when the recipient dies and the chunk of walktapus stops being digested ands starts to grow. David may well have been present on that occasion...

Other comments on the thread without quotes or specific attribution -

"Non Chaotic" Chaos Gods
Malia was definitely noted in Cults of Terror as being Chaotic when worshipped by Broo - which suggests that being chaotic is not necessarily a clear cut case of Yes/No. My feeling is that proprietry worship does not make one chaotic, but when you start actively spreading disease then you have crossed some sort of line. Although we tend to think of Chaos as an objective description, it is probably more dependant on the observer than that (hence the reason why we sometimes see gods that are morally questionable but not overtly chaotic listed as Chaos gods...)

Someone asked if Malia was non-chaotic then was the same true of, for instance, Thed. Maybe the same rule applies - and were Thed to be worshipped by Non-Broo then she could be non-chaotic (although I'm not sure what non-chaotic, non-broo worship she would ever get).

Another interesting thought was sparked by the question "What is Krasht if she isn't chaotic?" and some brief mention was made of her Troll-like qualities - Darkness related and always hungry - which suddenly reminded me of the being "Dark Eater", who IIRC is (or can be) worshipped as a Spirit by Praxians (mostly Morokanth) and by Trolls, and I'm sure I saw a suggestion somewhere that it was Dark Eater the trolls summoned to fight Gbaji's curse, but failed to control it, making them responsible for their own wounded fertility. I'm not suggesting that any of this is a universal truth, or even that it is true IMG (I only thought about it reading the list earlier this morning) but I thought it might be of use to someone. (How about a 2nd Age Godlearner game where the characters attempt to discover the true nature of Krasht. You can be reasonably certain that whatever she turns out to be, this will not end happily!)