Re: Dendara and the Earth Tribe

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_mm27ZM74rY6fWANIvb52J1EmjK0szDrvWCuDuBdxzAKf2C9IxU90t6hDRmJggtuHWea>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 00:52:39 +1200

At 01:08 a.m. 20/04/2007, you wrote:
>In message <20070419010340.14710.qmail_at_G7ZieH6Y2K5NNZa7P62j3C1gZKdt8G_9MtjEDrd9GkhijIiOlb7Xr3Sc-MaxLjvJcA0T7cbQH9PQ2Z8lRDwENJHAWg_QThQ3AwN_vLf0dK12-NM.yahoo.invalid> Peter
>Metcalfe writes:

> >>I was wondering about this. Is Dendara part of the earth tribe
> >>anymore?
> >
> >No.

>So GoG and Mongoose RQ cults book 1 are both wrong?

GoG is wrong and I don't have RQ Cults book 1.

>I presume you have a source for this claim which also explains
>what she is.

         Entekos, the Pelandan Goddess of the airs, has always
         been a major deity in Pelandan but was once a relatively
         minor figure for the Dara Happans.

         In Pelanda, Entekos is the Atmospheric Goddess, the
         High Goddess of Virtue and the Planet Dendara.  In
         Dara Happa, Entekos is a minor goddess, a house-
         servant of Yelm while Dendara is the Emperor's Wife,
         the Planet and nothing more.

         Entekos appears on the Gods Wall, the most ancient
         of all documents,  She is first among the second rank
         of deities ([...]).  Dendara is also there, seperated and
         clearly identifiable by her smiling face.  Nonetheless,
         it is Entekos on the [Gods Wall] who bears the planet
         which the [Dara Happans] identified as Dendara.

         Thus Entekos and Dendara seem to be, or have been,
         connected somehow with each other.

         The earliest Pelandan mentions of Entekos seem to
         use Dendara, meaning, as a title "the Virtuous".
         Sometimes it is as if Entekos, which in Dara Happan
         is the Goddess of Right Air, is a title.  Thus, it
         appears that one Pelandan goddess became two
         when the cult moved to Dara Happa; or else two
         Dara Happan goddesses merged when the cult
         moved to Pelanda; or else an original goddess
         divided or was divided into parts in Dara Happa.

         The relationship was a subject of much philosophical
         discussion as one of the Plentonic debates.  Unhelpful
         was the Paradox Solution.  Researchers discovered
         that Dara Happan priestesses of Dendara or Entekos
         could participate fully in the rites of the Pelandan
         Entekos, but priestesses of the Pelandan Goddess
         could participate fully (that is, detect the hidden
         events properly) only in one or the other of the Dara
         Happan goddess' rites.

         The Entekosiad foreword.

--Peter Metcalfe