Re: HQ Beginner - Character Generation questions

From: Roderick Robertson <rjremr_at_7qcjACXaMgzRfsr_crZKG8sTumAuYnHhrufYVGl3lymxx5NSrKGp2dJuYeypAtuHZwSru>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 17:47:51 -0000

 > At first it seemed to me that the specialized religion keyword was a modular
> > attachment to the homeland, but later discussions seemed to indicate that
> > homeland was nigh synonymous with the relgion worshipped in the homeland.

It *is* a modular attachment, but each homeland has a "default" Specialized keyword that, unless otherwise specified, is assumed to be used by the character.

You can have a Heortling Animist (of any practice/tradition). You can have a Heortling Lunar. You can have a Heortling Sorcerer (of any school/church). But unless otherwise specified, a Heortling will be Orlanthi.

> But attached to the Praxian religion key word are the Bison, High Llama, Impala, Sable,
Rhino, and Morocanth homland keywords. So it's one-to-many that way, at least.

No, chris, you've got that bass-ackwards. The Praxian magical keyword is "attached" to the cultural (species, in one case) keyword. But yes, it can be a many-to-one relationship.

Sometimes it's a many-to-many relationship: Orlanthi can be Heortling, or Alakoring, or Ralian, and any of those can be Lunar, or Sorcerer, or Animist...

RR