Playable Ernaldan literature?

From: parental_unit_2 <parental_unit_2_at_ah2S9A0XEre0qHjll7eKeOcneg87T3f0Yz2UgBS8xiGGI2Vz7das9LiRWkCn>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:58:27 -0000

A couple of days ago I was whinging about how hard it is to find something for Ernaldan PCs to do.

So can anyone suggest good, playable fiction that allows "traditional" women the leading roles? I'm not talking about "Red Sonja", "Xena Warrior Princess", or the like.

I joked about the television series "Desperate Hourswives", but it's actually close to what I'm looking for. _The Mists of Avalon_ by Marion Zimmer Bradley is even closer -- I know some people hate it for how it twists the Arthur legend, but it's clearly in the class of what I'm trying to find.

Jane Austen novels are another possible example, but they are probably borderline unplayable.