Re: Some questions looking for answers...

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_3l2YurXyxTT5TBIcExJeGwl97T9x2O5aXKs5_2h9cXjSIX1AlghBdeebm4lK1HCalr_>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:29:43 -0000

I think it's because the Heortlings are a "heroic" society. They are very magical. According to Greg, the heortling practise where practically every adult is an initiate is quite rare in Glorantha. The heortling initiation rituals are also quite dangerous, and ultimately focus on the "I Fought, We Won" battle, and the necessity of personally standing up to chaos. This makes them strong, but I guess it also means when they fail, they fail spectacularily.