Some questions about flying

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_Pbu7fdbDydX0NJPyxYhh9yL_4eYz0rPL0jC9FK32K3rpfzwnuZJbC22aSNKy7mbs_Fa>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 14:58:28 +1000 (EST)

I'm a little confused about Orlanthi flying.

As I understand the basic point is that Orlanthi can only *physically* fly on Orlanth's holy days (and I assume only in worship ceremonies on those days) unless

  1. They are members of Vanganth the flyer
  2. They somehow else learn to fly (such as Elmanti Bluespruce - he's not a member of Vanganth)

So, assuming I'm correct about the above

What (skill, abilty, etc) do we use to represent the Vanganthi flying? It can't be the affinity - as they are not separate active abilities, but Vanganth gives no "flying" skill.

How do the Vangath learn to fly? Do they get it upon initiation or separately?

How did Elmanti learn his flying skill? Heroquesting? Is that how all the warriors in pictures of Orlanthi battles learnt ot fly (those that aren't Vanganths anyway)? Does he then roll his skill against some resistance of the air? What it be a base 6, as the flying is a "magical" ability?

I need to know, as I have a prospective PC who wants ot be Vanganth

Thanks in advance

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_91AUt08l-8cSxb4WsXeV5093XUVlnNougMZ0cAz8yUvKiwFPFroTwiR6quWw5UicJPbIbvQFY-f5__ADzg.yahoo.invalid