Re: Adept's questions on chaos - When do you become chaotic?

From: valkoharja <rintasaa_at_7dkDhAgJw6nmbR6-ipulBalO1jtw0LEa9H_LxrwBSXYBPlNC100QDdXN6xEsGbMznQN>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 15:21:37 -0000

I agree. Peter's new definition seems very arbitary.

<snip>
> Detect chaos detects chaos. That sounds unhelpful, but it is like
> asking how you detect the color blue: you look at it and it's there.
> Each culture that has a detect chaos ability in it probably has its
> own explanation. Maybe it detects the things that were bound by the
> Compromise unwillingly. Maybe it is things with a connection to the
> chaos rune...

And now we come back to the question that's been bothering me. When do you become chaotic, and when is it permanent. Is it when you as an initiate of Thanatar? I would think you would register as chaotic then.

But what happes when you abandon Thanatar? If you haven't sprouted a full blown chaos feature, can you still save yourself from quitting the cult? This is what I'm leaning towards at the moment, but I'd really like to hear a definite answer from Greg to this.

  -Adept