Re: Adept's questions on chaos

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_bIQ9t-GJGjnBZQqqSg6h31A2djgJcXJ8rGgjMo7GuTxqkRH1xKuGt4hXIEGrj6HTCf5>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:14:28 +1200

At 02:54 p.m. 24/04/2007, you wrote:

> > The specific example is Kajabor turning on Wakboth or vice versa,
> > not Tien turning on his own father.

>So? All I was pointing out was that chaos fought chaos. I can see no
>reason why Tien couldn't fight his father.

Except that in the Thanatari myth there is no awareness that he was fighting his father. The battle is a particularly well-known one (the Glory of the Black Sun) yet the people west of the wastelands and the Thanatari themselves do not know that the other side is the Devil of Kralori mythology.

>Could there have been multiple devils?

I've already given evidence as to the affirmative.

>Could there have
>been one, who had shifting characteristics in different mythic places?

Even to the extent where he is chaotic in some places and not chaotic in others (Kralorela, Pelanda)?

--Peter Metcalfe