Re: When do you become chaotic?

From: Michael Hitchens <michaelh_at_ZqoKCNYyo9svr0u02YfXPkJJMVdLX79L8erc2lw1n0DVz1fTtPZz081SFpxwPp7kSdv>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 17:11:33 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, L.Castellucci wrote:

> And this, btw, is where I see the "social construct" part come in. The types
> of acts and worship that are likely to turn you chaotic. Since the taint is
> immaterial, and in some sense defined by myth, the kind of acts that will
> turn you Chaotic are not the same in each culture. And since it is not a hard
> fast line of "do this thing and then BAM! you're chaotic", it works nicely
> that this lets you accuse other cultures of fomenting chaos without any real
> proof. (Everyone knows that the Orlanthi obsession with rebellion and
> overturning the social order is what lets Chaos into the world. it's why we
> need to civilize them for their own good. *grin*)

Could well be. Although worship of a chaotic entity is likely to turn you chaotic in any culture (I woulf think). Which highlights the importance of knowing which worhsipped entities are chaotic. I have a sneaking suspicion (but no more) that even propitiatory worship might just have a slim chance of sending you chaotic too. Not at all sure though.

Michael

Dr. Michael Hitchens
Senior Lecturer, Department of Computing Macquarie University
michaelh_at_ZKTAAVdIsOr14uCTe5Hd13FCNMOX0opgT_S1eIRo2RsER0ofyEha5PNP9X1G_vGzr5428-87R9LUQb96RohvI_w.yahoo.invalid