Re: What books to buy if you want to run a ... campaign???

From: Brian Curley <bkcurley_at_DAnSZjXuWMPGBOir-iFKtHGvmjiXM9frIdMJG-i-9UzpjT6McS4S16VzgRwajrcHft2>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:29:46 -0500

On Wed, 2007-04-25 at 21:17 +0000, Toread DuDerysi wrote:
> --- In WorldofGlorantha_at_yahoogroups.com, "L.Castellucci"
> <lightcastle_at_...> wrote:
> >
> > I've been waiting since New Year's for my FLGS to come through on
> their
> > promised special order of ILH2. I finally gave up and am ordering it
> direct
> > on the web. (I was hoping to support both an independent store and
> getting
> > more HQ stuff on the shelves.)
> >
> > LC
> >

> Don't forget to tell your FLGS that you had to do that... I like
> supporting my brick and mortar store but sometimes they need some
> encouragment to get out of the 'same old same old' rut ordering.

I actually had to take a copy of an email from Rick, a print out of the page for his fulfillment house, and a print out from Warehouse 23 before my FLGS could convince their distributor (ACD) that the book was even out (and that HeroQuest was, indeed, still in publication). So, a lot of times it's not the store, but the distributors who think they know everything.

--
"Who in their right mind would send 363 tons of cash into a war zone?
But that's exactly what our government did." - Henry Waxman (D-CA)