Re: When do you become chaotic?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_EnGN2DhR-t05klGWkdBkJ89jgMbue-ya7pP_-d47MmCsBiPItqMvNa1ZV9Zy7Y7MxYv0g>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:16:43 -0700

>> The Lunar version of Illumination in ILH2 is *not* meant to represent the
>> Nysalorean version as presented in RQ. It does some of the same things,
>> but
>> it also has its differences.
>
> Ah - thanks for that. I wasn't sure if it was a replacement, a
> development of it (I mean in terms of the writing, in Glorantha it
> probably would have come about that way) or some separate approach. I
> take it it is the last then?

Yes. It is *not* intended as a "Heroquest version" of "RuneQuest Illumination". Lunar illumination/Seventh Soul is related to Nysaloran Illumination, because Nysalor was "just" a mask of the Goddess, but no-one knows what his rites really were, after all this time.

> So it is, in part, a way to resist the psychic imperative to violate the
> moral laws of the cosmos (trying to remember the owrds in CoT)?

I'd allow it to be used that way. It can be used to keep from going mad (or sane...), and allows you to overcome your nature through Understanding of the All.

RR